Amaroo School is a dynamic, inspiring and nurturing learning community dedicated to supporting all students to achieve their individual potential. Our school caters for students from Preschool to Year 10. We value diversity and the richness it brings to our school culture. We place very high expectations on all of our students. All students are supported and encouraged to achieve their best at all times. Each student is expected to genuinely engage in achieving their goals.
The two school values that guide our work are excellence and inclusion.
- Excellence in all that we do and expect.
- Inclusion of all members of our school community through respect, tolerance and recognition of difference.
Our Positive Behaviour for Learning (PBL) Framework brings the whole-school community together in developing an inclusive and supportive learning culture.
Our shared vision is that at Amaroo School we value excellence and inclusion by being safe, respectful and responsible learners.
The staff at Amaroo School are highly professional educators with innovative teaching practices. They are committed to building a dynamic and safe learning community for all students in our care.
Our goals are that every child will:
- Be challenged and supported to develop skills and talents to their full potential.
- Develop a strong sense of belonging to and ownership of our school and contribute to building a safe and welcoming community for all.
As a community school our focus at Amaroo School is on:
- The development of children as confident and articulate young people able to positively contribute as citizens in the modern world.
- Developing a high quality curriculum incorporating information technology so that students experience challenge and success at all ages and developmental levels.
- Establishing welcoming and inclusive partnerships with parents and the wider community in order that the school develops as an integral component of the Gungahlin community.
Amaroo School is an eco-friendly school.
- Our school is renowned for having the largest number of solar panels in the ACT.
- Our wind turbine is part of the school logo.
- We run a healthy food school canteen, meeting Nutrition Australia standards.
- Produce from our vegetable garden is used in the classroom and canteen.
Working in partnership, we ensure that we gain a balance between conserving and renewing what is, and anticipating and building what can be, to build a school culture that develops values and social capacity in all students.