Who is Elegible for Preschool in 2020?
Children who turn 4 on or before the 30 April 2020, have access to 15 hours of Preschool per week. Please refer to enrolment policy at www.education.act.gov.au
The Preschool has 3 separate classrooms with a maximum enrolment of 132. The 132 children are placed in 1 of 6 groups with a maximum in each group of 22.
We are very proud of the way we have maintained an environment that is warm, welcoming, friendly and fun while always striving for excellence in an area of rapid growth. Families look forward to returning to Amaroo Preschool.
Amaroo Preschool is an anaphylaxis aware school. This is to provide protection for children who have severe allergic reactions to nuts and nut products. Parents are asked to provide nut free food for their child's morning snack and lunch (9am-3pm sessions). This includes nutella and peanut butter sandwiches.
Preschools in the ACT are provided by the ACT Government. As of 2007 Amaroo Preschool is administratively linked to Amaroo School. Parents with enrolled children automatically become members of the P&C.
The voluntary contribution for 2020 is $120 for the year. Any additional resource funding will be set at the first P&C general meeting.
We greatly value your involvement. There are many ways that you can support your child's Preschool education.
- Offering to help in the class on a roster basis with small group activities, craft, reading to the children, cooking.
- Excursions – for all excursions we are required to have 1 adult per 4 children. This means for each excursion we need at least 5 parents to accompany us.
- Sharing special skills and interests, playing an instrument, pottery, carpentry.
- Parent Committee. Keep up to date with what is happening at preschool and be a part of the decision making on how your contributions and fundraising are spent.
- Parents who volunteer on a regular basis will be required to have a Working with Vulnerable People Card.